Consider the Alternatives
Consider the Alternatives
We offer several advantages over the competition, which include cost, speed, quality and experience. Don’t risk your business by using an incorporation service or doing it yourself and don’t waste your money by using a traditional lawyer or law firm. Here is a breakdown of your available options:
Do it yourself.
- Lowest cost
- Risk of making a serious or strategic mistake that may cost more money to correct in the future.
- Failing to properly “organize” the corporation risking the potential loss of corporate liability protection and favorable tax treatment.
- Failing to provide maximum protection to the Board of Directors.
- Time consuming
Use an incorporation service.
- Moderate cost
- Hidden fees. Although their price seem to be very low, their advertised prices only apply to “basic” incorporation packages. If you price forming a corporation with all of their offered options (which are vital to having a properly formed entity) you will see the final price is double, triple or even quadruple their advertised price.
- Risky. You risk having an improperly or incompletely formed business entity which could subject you to personal liability.
- Time consuming. Most national incorporation services use multi state preprinted corporate articles, bylaws and minutes. These documents are designed for use in any state. They are also extremely confusing and time consuming to complete. In California, the failure to properly complete these vital documents can result in the loss of corporate protection in a subsequent lawsuit or tax audit.
- Lack of legal counseling. Incorporation services are not permitted to give legal advice. Accordingly, if you have a question requiring the assistance of an attorney, they will not be able to help you.
- Hidden ongoing cost. Many incorporation services lure you in with low prices but end up on monthly fees which are expensive.
- Lack of options. Most incorporation services have only a few options available.
Use a traditional attorney or law firm.
- Legal advice.
- Customized organizational minutes. Some, but not all, attorneys will offer their service.
- Highest cost.
- Time consuming. You will need to find time in your schedule to meet with your attorney.
- Slow service. Some attorneys are slow in processing corporate filings on account of other demands on their time.
The LawInc Advantages:
- We are a law firm.
- We are experts.
- We make it personal.
- We are comprehensive.
- We keep things simple.
- We are affordable.
- We are secure.